…we're keeping our name but expanding our offerings!
Boys in our Books Friday Question of the Week!
Each week we’ll ask a question about your reading experience. Our review team will give our answers and we encourage you to join in and comment with your answers as well! Let’s talk about BOOKS! :)
I love dinner parties with lots of food and discussions running in all directions at the same time, so that’s what I’m going to organize.
I will invite :
1 – Adam from Immortality is the Suck, because he’s the love of my life of the moment and I trust him not to eat the guests. I mean literally, you dirty minds! I’ll ask Peter where I can have his favorite blood.
2 – Boyd from Evenfall, because he is my baby and I can’t miss the opportunity to mother him.
3 & 4 – Toni and Kel from Filth, because I want to stuff them with food and love and make sure that they’re okay.
5 – Vadim from Special Forces, because he’s been my first love-of-my-life-of-the-moment in the m/m genre. I’ll prepare him a cocktail with an umbrella.
It doesn’t escape me that most of my guests are not talkative people, but they can share intense stares, grunts and groans and stories of survival while Toni and Adam provide the antics to liven things up. I’ll just ogle Adam and Vadim, and beam at them all.
My dinner party would be a casual backyard affair (complete with plenty of candlelight and those cute twinkly lights hanging from the patio). We’d have sangria and tapas.
Guests would include:
Gideon Fryane and Lee Tyack from Once Upon A Haunted Moor (the Tyack & Frayne series)
Adrien English and Jake Riordan from Fatal Shadows (Adrien English series).
And just to make everybody (including him) slightly uncomfortable, Val Toreth from Mind Fuck (The Administration series).
The party would be casual and buffet style with folks grabbing food as they wanted. Drinks would be simple – beer, wine, whisky and gin of course. There would be a relaxed game of poker with strip karaoke to end the night followed by desert off the loser. Yes off the loser.
Randy Jensen from Double Blind – He would help me not only cook/prepare the food but he would teach me poker –shamelessly flirt with me and everyone at the dinner – and I would love to pick the song he sings.
Julian Cross from Warrior’s Cross – simply for the entertainment of seeing him and Randy out poker face each other and then talk about Kittehs!
Danny Marshall from Plan B – we need some flair to go with the food.
Peter and Austin from Shattered Glass – just getting Austin drunk and Peter having to control him would be worth the price of admission.
Oooo, parties! I LOVE parties!
My number one and two (by default) spot is reserved for Ty and Zane (Cut & Run). Ty is my book husband and I can’t imagine throwing a party without him! And where there’s my Ty, Zane is right beside him.
I would insist Cole (Strawberries for Dessert) attend. Not only would he whip up a meal that would put most 5 star restaurants to shame, but he’d be the life of the party.
Crash (Criss Cross) would be a trip…I can’t wait to see who’s pants he tries to get into (can you imagine if he goes after Zane?) He’s here purely for entertainment.
I fink a totes brilliant bloke wot be Darian (Glitterland)…cos, well, it’d be a proper bash wot some glitter….janartamean?
Maybe I should tell Cole we’ll just drink our dinner? That would really kick up the heat in the kitchen, don’t you think?
I was originally gonna pick an intimate dinner w/ all my favorite big, bad alphas…shirtless. But, drooling wouldn’t be a good look on me. SO…I’m hosting a backyard BBQ with some of my favorite YA adorables:
And because we’d need an extra chaperone, I’m inviting Zane (Cut & Run). Just sayin…
It would be one of those “murder mystery” game parties, where everyone is assigned a role, with the guests being:
– Daniel from Think Of England, who is quite pleased about his given role as a stoic ex-military man with secrets, and comments airily about the “thorough” and “repeated” research he will have to perform to get “into” the part.
– Adrien English from Fatal Shadows is mildly perplexed about receiving the “teen sleuth” role, although when told he will be knocked unconscious by the third course, he remarks, “Well, I know how that feels.”
– Tom from Pressure Head “Why did I get the ‘Old Heiress’ role? Do I need to bring pearls to clutch?”
– Peter from Primal Red is ignoring his role card that says, “in-over-his-head reporter” and is mentally writing copy for the tragedy that would likely fall upon a dinner party with this many mystery-solvers.
– After reading his card that informs him that he is the murderer for this game, Vic from Among the Living ducks into the bathroom to partake in a drug cocktail that will make this evening go by faster, and make that butler ghost moaning in the corner disappear.
It’s going to be long night….
1. Bear from Bear, Otter, and the Kid. I would love to be part of his drunk tangents.
2. Exxxxx (name x’d for spoiler) from ICoS. Just because of his vulgar sense of humor.
3. Dexter from Hell & High Water. A little bit of 80’s music can’t hurt…right?
4. Matt from Faith & Fidelity. I dunno…because he’s sexy?
5. Lucky from Diversion. Just so he can get on everyone’s nerves. Or perhaps it will be the other way around?